Friday, July 29, 2011

Food, Fit, & Fine Friday

Blog Request: What do I eat in a day/week?
Requested by: Carlee
So a girlfriend of mine asked that I type up something in regards to what I eat in a day or week and it dawned on me that I really have no idea, so I’m going to document for the week what I’m eating, up until Friday, which is Food, Fit & Fine Friday. The day I’ve chosen to post about what I’ve done to get down to the size and shape I am now and how fine I feel about it all!
I started writing down what I’m eating starting Tuesday, so it won’t be a full week, but I’m pretty sure you’ll get the gist of what I intake in a day/week.

A couple of things I’d like to state about my diet. I don’t count or look at my caloric intake in that I don’t keep a tally to make sure I take in ‘enough’ or ‘too much’. I will look at them (sometimes) to see if there are a lot of calories in whatever it is I’m eating, though. I don’t want things low in calories; I want things high in calories. I’ll eat a burger before I’ll eat a chicken sandwich.
Anyway, I’m purposefully not making note of calories anywhere because they don’t really mean anything to me in the same way they do to everyone else.
I don’t shy away from fats. Especially, animal fats. I eat ice cream straight out of the carton: Breyer’s, Edy’s, Blue Bunny, and Turkey Hill are among my favorites and I don’t buy low fat either. It’s basically pointless since my body likes the animal fat in the dairy. It’s a terrible habit, but I do. I’m too lazy to pull out a bowl, scoop, the ice cream, spoon, and be arsed to scoop it. It’s true, I am that lazy.
I also eat when I’m hungry. I have a bad habit, though, of pushing it off too long, and that’s really not good. My girlfriend Missy will kick my ass if she reads this because she’s yelled at me about it before, but I’ll get hungry and if I’m in the middle of something, I’ll put it off until my stomach is either screaming at me, I’m thirty seconds from passing out, or I feel nauseous.
All of which will get me looking for something high in calories, carbs, and maybe some protein depending upon the type of hunger I’m feeling. Oh, yes there are different types –oh the things I’ve learned in my journey of becoming healthy…er.
Trust me, I don’t believe that I’m super healthy, but I am probably healthier than your average 33 year old woman. I workout much more regularly now than I ever did before and my diet is far better than before as well.
Anyway, I’m rambling. On the flip side of being hungry and putting it off for way too long, sometimes I’m just not hungry and I’m not in the habit of force feeding myself. It’s damn  near impossible for me to get something down my throat that I do not want there (teehee) and if I’m not craving what it is I’m trying to get down, it’s likely it isn’t getting down my gullet.
Okay, so another thing is, I listen to my cravings. If I’m craving a burger with bacon on it, guess what I’m gonna eat? A bacon burger and hopefully I have some fries to cook up along with them or at least some chips.
At this juncture in my life, I’m not getting to the gym as often as I should (I’d say ‘like’, but that’s really bullshit, I’m not working, I have no real excuse not to get to the gym at least three times a week), but I do dance around my house often when I play my music. Yep, I dance like no one is watching all the time in my house. And no, I’m not insane enough to video tape myself doing it and then send it to a friend.
I do it in heels too –I’m toying with the idea of putting together a burlesque act, but that’s…anyway—because I need the practice in walking in heels if I want to look like any kind of professional once the makeover of me is complete and the look for which I strive requires wearing heels, so! One day, I hope to be able to run in them.
All right, so it’s Friday night (awesome! I really need to get to these earlier in the day, but I’m such a night person. Blah.) and I’ve eaten just about all I’m going to save for my late night treats of a brownie and a Snickers ice cream bar later (it’s 10:10pm EST, yes, I eat crap after 7pm, I have a kick ass metabolism thanks to my equally kick ass father, so eat your heart out).
Below is what I’ve eaten this week starting from Tuesday, July 29, 2011 until Friday, July 29, 2011. I started late on Tuesday around dinner time, so the formatting is a little goofy. Maybe I’ll make a habit of this (you won’t believe how hard it is to remember to write down what you’ve eaten at any given time, it’s such an absent minded type activity) over the period of a month to really give an idea of what I eat.
This week was actually really crappy. I do not advise anyone to eat this way if they are starting out trying to slim down/work out. If I did this when I started, I’d never be where I am now, so just…eat better than this starting out. The only reason I can eat like this *now* is because of the aforementioned genetic metabolism inherited from my father and changing my eating habits (notice how I didn’t say I went on a diet; they don’t exist, don’t kid yourself into thinking they do). Not everyone is blessed with this, so keep that in mind and don’t hate on me too much. ;)
One last thing before I get to the week’s eats, I’m going to list for you my staples, which are the types of milk, sugar, etc, I use (that I can think of off the top of my head, may or may not be featured in my list for this week):
Muscle Milk chocolate light, case 24, 8.25oz, 20g protein (I’d prefer the regular, but Costco doesn’t carry it, bah!)
2% Milk
Pure cane sugar
Martin’s potato bread, buns
Bacon, not that turkey bacon crap. Ew.
Country Crock butter
Olive oil
Cherry Coke Zero
Brita Filtered Water
Regular ice cream, never yogurt or half fat or half sugar
I prefer my pasta al dente
Baked potatoes are always salted and buttered and I’ve finally learned to bake them in the damn oven instead of being lazy and microwaving them.


Tuesday Eats
Dinner:
-          Boneless, skinless chicken breast, pan-fried in butter and seasoning concoction of my own creation.
o   Concoction:
§  Tsp of mustard
§  ¼ cup lemon juice
§  Parsley or basil to taste
§  Crushed red pepper to taste
§  Salt & pepper
§  Tbsp minced garlic
-          ½ Corn on the cob, boiled, buttered
-          1 cup Five cheese tortellini, boiled, pan-fried in left over drippings from chicken
Snack:
-          Bowl of Cheerios, 4 tbsp sugar, ½ cup milk
-          Leftover dinner from evening prior, which was basically the same thing, it’s that easy and yummy
-          ¾ cup chocolate chip vanilla Blue Bunny ice cream
-          1 brownie
-          1 Martin roll
-          Snickers ice cream bar
-          Handful of cheese nips
Breakfast:
-          Two Muscle Milks
o   Note: when I wake up in the morning with my husband around 6:30am, I’m usually hungry immediately, so I’ll drink one then and by the time I get up again around 8:30, I’m hungry again at which point I’ll drink another because it’s easy enough unless I want a bowl of cereal instead or something. This isn’t normal behavior, though.

Wednesday Eats – today was not a good day for eating…overall I had…
-          2 Muscle Milks
-          6” sub
o   Ham, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, mayo (I’m boring, what can I say?)
-          Half small bag Lay’s potato chips
o   Plain (I told you, I’m boring)
-          32oz soda (over the course of the day)
o   Coke Zero
§  Vanilla syrup
§  Cherry syrup
-          1 liter of water
o   I went to the gym today, so one of my MM’s was right after that.
-          Handful strawberries
-          1 brownie
-          Four or five baby carrots
-          Handful cheese nips
-          Snickers ice cream bar
Thursday Eats
-          2 Muscle Milks
-          Burger
o   Salt & peppered to taste
o   Mustard & ketchup (tbsp each)
o   Bun
-          Chips
-          3 12oz sodas
-          Handful strawberries
-          Beef tips sautéed in concoction of:
o   Tbsp Worchester sauce
o   ¼ cup lemon juice
o   Tsp minced garlic
o   Minced onion to taste
o   Salt & pepper to taste
o   Crushed red pepper to taste
o   Olive oil
§  For sautéing
-          Tortellini in red sauce
o   Boiled
-          2 brownies (piggy!)
-          Snickers ice cream bar
-          Chips
Friday Eats
-          2 Muscle Milks
-          Three full slices and one half slice of bacon
-          Egg over hard
o   Salt & pepper
o   Fried in butter
-          3 12 oz cans soda
-          Leftover chicken from Tuesday
-          Bowl of Cheerios, 2 tbsp sugar, ½ cup milk
o   Sometimes I go crazy on the sugar, sometimes I don’t.
-          Quarter Pounder meal from McDonald’s
o   Gross, I know
o   Medium
§  Fries
§  Dr. Pepper
-          Brownie
-          Snickers ice cream bar
Notice how vegetables aren’t really a feature in my diet (which is awful, seriously, I need to step it the hell up), but I’m pretty sure on Monday we had broccoli with dinner.
I’m going to do my very best to keep a diary for at least a month of what I put in my mouth for sustenance (I put that distinction there for a special few of you ;) *lol*) to see if maybe you all can keep me honest about making a real attempt at getting more vegetables in my diet. And I really should drink way more water, I’m terrible about that. I’m not really sure how I’m not a rolling ball of goo with how little water I actually drink. It’s a mystery to me.
Until next Friday, loves!
xoxo
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment