Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tangents, Procrastination, and…Oooh, Shiny!

Every morning for the last three days I’ve woken up deciding to watch Blood Out to do a proper review of it and every day for the last three days…I’ve found something else to watch or do.
I really need to work on my follow through because I’m sort of terrible at it. Like right now I should be watching Blood Out, but what am I doing instead? Watching BASEketball. I don’t know why, it’s utterly ridiculous and Ed Quinn is nowhere to be seen.
I’m a terrible procrastinator. Like right there, I went to BMW with my husband maybe three hours ago leaving this to wallow in…something.
Anyway, I was going to watch Blood Out today and give it a proper review because when I do watch it (by watch I mean I fast forward to the parts Ed is in and when he’s gone, I fast forward until he shows up again until he’s no longer in the movie) all I do is rip on the thing because of its terrible holes and other silliness.
It’s one of those movies that I sort of love to hate on because my boy’s in it and he’s honestly just really adorable in it, but it’s really just a bad movie with a great premise, but no proper closure.
Also, partially why I’ve not watched it today (or use as a lame excuse anyway, as is my prerogative. mwaHA) is because Hubbs is home due to car issues and he had to take it in, drop it off, and pick up a rental. For some reason I opted to go with him rather than stay home and take that opportunity to watch my movie. Crazy, I actually like spending time with my husband, even if it is in the lobby of BMW.
We’ve been home for a good chunk of the day, but I try not to shove Ed down Hubbs’ throat, so I opted to not put it in, but now I’m sort of wishing I had because Hubbs has said he’d watch it with me at least once just to see if I’m being irrationally hard on Ed’s ridiculous Louisianan accent because: a) I’m sort of in love with him and b) because my father’s from Louisiana and he sounds nothing like that (believe me folks, you can take the man out of Louisiana, but you cannot take the Louisiana out of the man) OR if his attempt is really just that bad.
I can’t tell. I’m not objective and I’ll be the first to tell you that. If Ed does it, don’t care, those little stupid pink hearts start floating above my head and I squeal/grin like an idiot. It’s been like this for almost a year now and it hasn’t dissipated like it usually does with me and my men. It’s okay though, I don’t mind him lingering. He got a script out of me! I’m creative like never before, so I’m happy to hang onto my muse.
Hey! Look at that tangent! Can you tell I adore Ed Quinn? *lol*
Okay, so for sure tomorrow I am going to watch Blood Out (properly, from beginning to end and suffer through non-Ed parts), take notes, and tell you why this movie had its potential, but blew it; in my opinion, of course!
Ta for now!
xoxo
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment