Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Learned in Kindergarten Wednesday

Ha! I'm just realizing that I haven't posted anything for today. I'll do a little something since I have about an hour before it's Thursday. ;)

I titled today what I did because I'm coming across things that I feel I should have known how to do earlier in life, but for some reason I didn't.

The best example I can think of is blow drying my hair. I've been doing it for years, but only recently have I learned how to do it with a round brush as opposed to my traditional air pick. The air pick did its job, but did not make my hair feel as nice as using a round brush does. I really had no idea how much of a difference it really makes.

I'm working on a chronology of my hair, in which I hope to include photos of me and my sad 'hairstyles' over the last three decades of my life, that will be posted probably on either Tangent Tuesday or perhaps Simmer Down Sunday.

I'm also learning the importance of a trim. I've never regularly had my hair trimmed since the 'incident' circa '81. By 'incident' I mean I gave myself a mini haircut, which started out very minor and inconspicuous and blew into very major and conspicuous. Awesome. That's what I get for having a grandmother who's business was a drapery shop run out of her house. But I digress...

My neighbor happens to be a hairdresser and she was kind enough to cut my hair today at no charge. She's awesome! Yay for nice neighbors with awesome skills and wonderful dispositions! I'm going to make sure I get my hair trimmed at least once a month now, since she's literally next door and doesn't mind.

I'm going to learn how to make some homemade doggy treats for her Pugs (she has two, they're hyper, but cute little things) as a thank you for the haircut. My hair feels SO much nicer! I also hope it will help with the length, I'd love to have longer hair, but I'm also just now learning the proper combinations of products to really keep my hair 'healthy' (I quote that because one's hair is actually just dead protein cells hanging off one's head, it isn't even alive. I promise, look it up), so maybe I'll get the longer hair that I want. We'll see.

All right, it wasn't much, but I warned you. ;) I'm getting sleepy anyway. *yawn* G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment